Monday, September 16, 2013

My First Classroom

This post has been a long time coming. I am not sure why I never posted the before pictures. Enjoy a picture overload!

Before:


Small Group Area and Independent work table

Computers and a look at my old desks! 

Old desks.

Front of the room where the teacher's desk used to be. It took four people to move it to the back! 

I love how much whiteboard space there is along the front, but unfortunately it isn't magnetic. The last teacher glued a few clips to the board to attach papers. 

Kicking it old school with a chalkboard. 


 About 12 billion hours later: 
My objectives and required school engagement plan information

Math, religion, centers, and LA posters. Also, we sat on cushions the first day! We didn't have desks until day two. 


My desk and teacher area. I love having it in the back of the room! 

My Math and anchor charts board.

My take on crate seats (thanks mom for the cushions!) 

My door. It melds my sock monkey theme and the required school ocean theme. 

View from my desk. You can see our carpet, library, and front of room.

Now With Desks:
Each desk has a pencil gripper on it. I hardly ever hear pencils drop! 


My WBT rules and scoreboard. 

Back of my door (Sign is free here!) On the first day of school we made self portraits. 

We don't have bulletin boards in the hallways, so I covered clothespins with polka-dot washi tape and hot glued them on the wall outside. It is so easy to change work out! 

View from the door.


I know it is a lot of pictures, but I am so proud of my room! It is so wonderful to finally have one of my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment