Thursday, May 2, 2013

Currently May

I can't believe it is already May! This semester has flown by. I only have three days of classes and three finals standing between me and graduation. I start this month an undergrad student in Texas and will end it a graduate student in Tennessee! Although change is coming at me fast, I am excited to see what the next few years bring! With a new month comes a new Currently from Oh' Boy 4th Grade. I love her style and attitude!



Listening
Ever since the beginning of last summer when I studied for a month in Colorado I have been listening to country music. I have had periods of country music in my life before, but this is the longest country kick I have had since I was like 10. When I found out I was going to live in Tennessee after graduation, my country music listening only intensified. My favorite country song right now is Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band. Whenever I start my country playlist this song always goes first!  
Loving
We have had a pretty cold spring here in Texas, but if finally warmed up in the past week or so. Not that I want it to be in the 90's yet, but 70's-80's would be fine. But today was cold! In the 40's-50's and very windy. I was shocked this morning, but now I am enjoying being wrapped up in a blanket and wearing my favorite hoodie one more time this season. 
Thinking
I graduate in a few weeks and have to be in Tennessee SEVEN DAYS later. So fast!! I have to pack my apartment, figure out what I will need for a week at my parent's house and pack that separately  and then take everything to TN. No idea how I will make everything fit! I have been saying all semester that it is "future Kate's problem" the only problem that future Kate is coming up quickly! 

Wanting
My coffee pot bit the dust recently. I either have to beg a cup off of a friend of go to the coffee house on campus. I think I have been there every day this week. It is cheaper than starbucks, but not free. I guess I need an endless supple of money for the coffee! 

Needing
Senioritis has hit me really hard in the last few weeks. As I check off things (last philosophy paper, last reading, last debate) I find I have less motivation. And with only a few assignments and finals left, my productivity is not looking good anytime soon. 

Summer Bucket List
1. I have accumulated so many children's books this year! Most I have bought for less than a dollar at Half Price Books (which is the Beatrice to my Dante) or at thrift shops. A few I have from my family. But I have yet to devise any sort of system. I need to at least divide by grade level to know what books to have in my room!
2. I will only be a few hours from Nashville, and I really want to go! I have never been before, but would enjoy listening to some live country music.
3. My semester has been nuts between classes, two part time jobs, and stage managing, and I have not had a single blank day on my calendar this semester. I just want one day where I don't have to do anything at all!

Happy May everyone!



6 comments:

  1. I found you through the Currently linky! Congratulations on being so close to finishing! Good luck on organizing your children's books! I've taught for 12 years and feel like I am continuously organizing my classroom library!

    Sarah
    Learning is for Superstars
    Learning is for Superstars is on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    Congratulations on your upcoming graduation, move to TN, and new job! "Future Kate" is going to be one busy girl. ;)
    I'm looking forward to following your journey!

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your upcoming graduation! PS. I love your sock monkey signature! We have a whole collection of monkeys in our classroom!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Country Music! Zac Brown Band rocks! It's a dream of mine to go to Nashville! (I swore I was going to make it big there one day as a country music manager- so much for that) :)

    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your graduation, move to TN and new job! You are going to be busy! I have heard Nashville is a really fun city to visit...I want to get there at some point!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your graduation! What an exciting time in your life! Future Kate will love teaching! So glad I found your blog through Currently! I am a second grade teacher too (but an old one!)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete